More photos will follow soon as I finish up this car with the help of Michael Smith and Geoff Watson. Here is the planned
progression of the work:
- Paint the Cowl and engine compartment in Poppy Red, and paint reverse side in black enamel. Since the car is a solid color, I can paint the cowl at this point and be assured that it will match the rest of the car.
- Install the fresh dash after I swap over the riveted VIN plate from the original dashboard.
- Install the new windshield in fresh weatherstripping.
- Complete body work, including the substitution of new/restored doors to sidestep the rust in the original doors.
- Paint entire car in Poppy Red. All paint is in single stage DuPont Centari. The hood insert and taillight panel will be painted in a special mix of black pearl DuPont Centari with clear coat.
- Install new interior: fresh front seats, fresh carpets, '65 Mustang console, various trim items.
- Suspension changes: All mechanical pieces are powder coated in black, clamped rear springs, replacement front coil springs, full underside detailing.
- General reassembly of the car.